My Vote Will Count
On Saturday I finally took time to fill out my ballot for the Arizona Republican Primary election. I already knew who I wanted to vote for in some races, but in others I had to take time to look up all the candidates on the Internet and then make my choices. I believe that Arizona politics are really crazy (at least I hope all of the other states are not as strange as ours). That belief was confirmed as I looked up some of the candidates, read their views on the issues, and looked at the names of people that have endorsed them.
Generally this year I'm trying to stay away from anybody that is on the fringe. I really want to vote for serious minded, intelligent, compassionate candidates. I'm trying to vote for people that are as close as can be to my personal beliefs. It's not easy to find such people.
In several races the candidates were running unopposed. In those cases I do not cast a vote. What is the point in voting for someone who already has the race run?!
The reality is that I am focused on the mid-term election coming up in November. I'll be glad when the ballot for that race arrives so I can start researching the candidates. I am registered as a Republican, but I do not ever vote a straight ticket. I have always tried to educate myself and vote for the right (in my opinion) person for the job regardless of party affiliation.
I can't wait for the day after the mid-terms, I'm so excited to see if the balance of power shifts in the House and/or Senate. Please, be sure to vote!


1 Comments:
Thank you for the reminder...I am headed to the kitchen now to get my ballot.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home