It's Been A While
I haven't posted since July 4th mainly because I'm just plain disgusted. The governor's race in AZ has fallen apart with both Dean Martin and Buz Mills dropping out. It's not that I was going to vote for either of them, it's that I was trying to decide to vote for one of them. Because I'm not voting for Jan Brewer under any circumstances.
So I'll be voting for Terry Goddard. That's not anything new for me, I've voted for him several times in the past. I'm just concerned that the fringe element is so behind Brewer because of her signing of SB1070 that we have no hope of not being stuck with her for the next four years. Unless... do you think Obama would consider appointing her to a federal position?! Nah, probably not.
AZ Senate Race
I see that JD Hayworth finally got a political ad on the TV. I read last week that he's peeved that there's a third person running in the senate race. His contention is that if Jim Deakin would drop out and give all his backers to Hayworth that Hayworth could beat McCain. He's so miffed that Deakin is still in the race that he tried to keep him from taking part in the debates held for that race. Really?! And JD thinks that's going to help his image how?! McCain on the other hand thanked Deakin for his service (he's a US Navy vet) and reiterated his right to run for office. He also insisted Deakin be allowed in the debates causing JD Hayworth to declare that Deakin and McCain are in collusion.
My goodness!
The other thing that may be bothering JD is that Deakin has the Tea Party endorsement. Although the Tea Party can't endorse a candidate because of it's tax status as a non-profit organization. That doesn't keep the word from getting out though. It's going to be interesting on August 24. I predict JD will lose the primary and will blame it on Deakin regardless of the numbers.
Around the Country
Of course, I'm still keeping my eye on other key races in the country. Three weeks ago the pundits were saying the Republicans might take the House back, but there was no way they could take the ten seats needed for a majority in the Senate. Now, there are murmurs that they just may do that too. I think it would be great for the Republicans to take control of either house, but not necessarily both houses. Haven't we learned enough in the past two years about what happens when one party is in control? Our system works best when it's balanced. And balanced means people from both parties serving in both houses.
What I'm really gearing up for is 2012. Right now I like Jindal and Huckabee. I'd like to learn more about Pence. I will not vote for Mitt Romney under any circumstances. I don't think Sarah Palin will run, and she'd be wise not to. She has the same problem as Obama - not enough experience... for now.
Well, I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent. I've been so bummed out over the AZ governor race that I just didn't feel like writing. Now that I got it all off my chest, I'm feeling optimistic and motivated!


1 Comments:
I love your political posts. I don't know nearly enough.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home