Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Day After

Well, I see I was right about Arlen Specter... he's a goner.

I'm not surprised that there's a run-off scenario in Arkansas, that's what happens when you have three candidates from the same party vying for one spot.

I wish I would have paid more attention to the KY races. Rand Paul only appeared on my radar a couple of weeks ago.

Prop 100 passed here in AZ. I guess my daughter will receive a higher salary offer today than she would have yesterday.

Starting last night and continuing today, I've seen a lot of speculation about the motivation of the voters in voting the way they did. Is it a referendum on Obama? Is it a referendum on health care? Is it a referendum on the stimulus?

The reality is that it's a reflection of the frustration, anger, cynicism, weariness, and disgust of the American voter over the direction the government is headed in. I know several young people that voted for Obama. They had stars in their eyes, hope in their hearts, and believed in the change he was going to bring. Oh yeah, it didn't take long for them to become disillusioned. But, it's that way with many politicians. They tell us what they think we want to hear. They tell us what they think will make us vote for them. They tell us what they think will give them a mandate to go to Washington. Then they renege on it all.

This year is shaping up to truly be a vote for change. A vote to get rid of the incumbents (of both parties) and hopefully put some people in that will listen to their constituents. A vote to balance the power, instead of having all the power in one party. A vote to clear out the deadwood of the House & the Senate. A vote for change.

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2010 at 4:59 AM , Anonymous Jessica said...

I wonder when was the last time the country saw this kind of political involvement and concern for ousting incumbents in favor of someone, anyone who would be different (although we all know that different does not necessarily mean better). Certainly this hasn't happened in my considerably short political consciousness.

 
At May 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

My daughter voted for the first time and Obama was her choice. Just a few weeks back she turned to be and said "I thought he said he was going to change things." I could only reply "Welcome to the world of politics. You be the change you wish to see."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home