Monday, April 26, 2010

Mail-In Ballots

I recently had to update my voter registration due to a change in address. I thought I completed the task online, but a few days later I received a notice in the mail that my address was incorrect on my voter registration. So, I filled out the form again and mailed it in. The very next day I got a my new voter registration card in the mail along with a form I needed to sign and return. As I was signing it, I noticed that I could check a box and become a permanent mail-in ballot recipient. So I did.

I love the mail-in ballot. I've received two of them recently. One for a bond override vote in my city, and one for the proposed 1 cent sales tax in my state. Each time I voted, signed it, and mailed it in that very day. How easy can it get? Why didn't I do this sooner?

Even though I'm always preaching about voting, even I get lazy sometimes. I can guarantee you that I would not have voted in the bond override election if I hadn't voted by mail.

If mail-in balloting is available where you live (I don't know if it's available in every state, if not it should be) my advice is go for it. It makes voting so easy, you don't have to drag your driver's license, electric bill, and official voter material with you for identification (yes, that's what we do here in AZ), and you have the satisfaction of knowing that your voice is being heard on every issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home