Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mail-in Ballot

I received my mail in ballot for the Arizona Republican Primary Election this week. I just recently signed up for the mail in ballots and each time I receive one, I find a new reason to embrace this mode of voting. This time I'm excited for the opportunity to sit down with my ballot and search for the names I'm not familiar with on the Internet. I want to be an informed voter. I want to be an educated voter. I want my vote to count as much as possible.

In principle, I'm staying away from any candidate endorsed by Sheriff Joe Arpaio. I used to support Sheriff Joe. I've voted for him many times. But in recent years, my support for him has waned, and has now vanished. Of course, what I'm really saying is that I plan to read each candidate's views and then pick the one that most closely resembles my opinion.

I've said it before and I want to reiterate: this election season is absolutely critical to the future of our state(s) and our country. There is no excuse to not vote. There is no excuse to not educate yourself about who you're voting for. Get on the Internet, look them up and make your choice. Together our votes can promote real change. Each vote counts. Your vote counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home