Monday, May 16, 2011

Paul's In... Huckabee's Out... Trump's Out... What Next?

This past week has been busy in the Republican 2012 Presidential Campaign. Ron Paul announced he is running. Mike Huckabee announced he's not running. Donald Trump announced he's not running. Seriously, is anyone surprised at Trump's announcement?

Leaving Trump (never a serious contender) aside, let's look at the Republican race. The reality is, there isn't a Republican race at this point. I must admit that Huckabee was high on my list of guys I might support. He's gone, and there are only two left. Pawlenty - who I know next to nothing about. Cain - who I know just slightly more about. Since Pawlenty hasn't announced yet, I'm currently focused on learning more about Cain.

There just doesn't seem to be a good choice yet for this election cycle. I am not at all in favor of Bachman or Palin. Not that I have anything against them, I just can't support them as the presidential nominee. I will not, under any circumstances vote for Mitt Romney. If Chris Christie or Jeb Bush decided to run I'd definitely take a look at them. But I don't see it happening.

With 540 days left until the 2012 Presidential Election, I keep hoping that some sane, intelligent, trustworthy, like-able, capable Republican will come to the forefront and decide to run.

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 5:22 AM , Anonymous Jess said...

Oh, the announcement that got me the most was from Mitch Daniels - I didn't think he would actually run, but he gave me hope when he said he was considering it. It's a long time until November 2012....right?

 
At June 22, 2011 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

I am right there with you. Praying for a good leader currently.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home