Breaking News: President Obama is a US Citizen (duh)
I am so exasperated by the birther movement. I would like to think that the President's release of his birth certificate would stop their rant, but I'm not optimistic. I already heard a comment on the TV this morning that it says "Certificate of Live Birth" not "Birth Certificate". Are you kidding me?! That's what it says at the top of my children's birth certificates too.
Here's my usual disclaimer: I did not vote for Obama. I do not agree with most of his policies. I will not be voting for him in the future. But, seriously, does this man have to defend himself constantly over his citizenship and faith issues? Don't you think there are other things that he should spend time defending?
Yes, it would have saved a lot of grief if he had just released his Birth Certificate years ago when this rumor started. But, he's an arrogant guy. I can totally get why he felt he shouldn't have to stoop to the level of proving he's an US citizen. I know lots of guys like that. They get accused of something and rather than answer it, they say "it's false and I'm not going to waste my time proving that it's false". Unfortunately in this day and age, the rumors rule until you prove them false.
I also heard a comment on the TV this morning from a person stating that yes, he was born a US citizen, but he should release his passport from when he came back from Indonesia as a child. Did he return as a US citizen, or did his citizenship change while he was there.
And the craziness continues...
Labels: Obama


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home